WE CREATED THE UK’S FIRST COMMERCIAL FUEL NETWORK

In 1895 CH Jones, a haulier based in Walsall, began transporting coal from the Black Country to steelworks in South Wales. Over time, as other hauliers began to keep own-yard fuel tanks to refuel their vehicles, it made sense for us to use their tanks to refuel when we were nearby and pay them for the privilege. In exchange, we let other businesses use our tanks to fill up too, in doing so, creating the UK’s first commercial fuel network.